Friday, January 31, 2014

How does perspective change the way you "see" yourself ?

How does perspective change the way you "see" yourself ?
  Perspective changes the way I see myself because I feel that people , including myself don't always see themselves for who they really are. A picture is worth a thousand words whether it's a silly one laughing with your friend or a family wedding. Appearance is a big key in today's society and I feel as though certain perspectives portray certain emotions and expressions. 

   In class today we were asked to have someone take pictures of ourselves in different perspectives such as bird's eye view , worm's eye view , mystery view , your own eye view ,and a surprise view. I chose to upload two of the five options by using bird's eye view which is a general view from above. I also chose to do the mystery view which is an image that my classmate took from the side.

  The first picture I chose to upload was called bird's eye view. In this picture I am in a crouched position holding a piece of paper that could possibly be homework. I am hiding my face from the camera with my hood up. The way I am looking down shows that I'm not really interested in the homework and that I could be tired of what I'm doing. The placement of my hands shows the emotions of either being sad or upset. 

    The second image of myself was a surprise view where I hid my reflection holding a piece of paper to hide my face. My posture in the picture is standing straight up. I feel this possibly shows the energy in me that I wanted to take the picture.My face being hidden doesn't show my expressions or emotions. The background was blank as well as the paper.

    To conclude , from the photos of me you can see how perspective changed the view of how myself and others see myself. Taking pictures at different angles help me see myself  and how I wouldn't actually see things in that perspective/angle. 
Bird's eye view ^ 

Surprise view ^ 

1 comment:

  1. The introduction to this assignment in the beginning of this blog is really clear. As a reader, I appreciated your talking about different views that you tried out in this assignment. The transitional paragraph afterwards where you talk about how perspectives can convey certain emotions and expressions was intriguing, and I wanted to know more about what you meant. Two more paragraphs, one for each of your photos, which describe details of how the photos convey certain moods or emotions would really help me understand your thinking.

    ReplyDelete